How much in total did your pregnancy and birth care at the hospital cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• out of pocket costs..first $25, second $25 third zero.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It depends how much your insurance covers...most insurances will hold you responsible for 40% of the costs. Therefore a normal vaginal delivery with no extended stay or any additional newborn tests would cost around $1200-1500 depending on your hospital, state, etc.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 10:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Nothing because I was covered under 2 different insurances. Before my second insurance kicked in I was going to have to pay $1800 for the hospital stay and $25 for the Dr. visits
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I just had my son with no insurance....well the medicaid is still pending and my ds is 10 weeks old now. If it does not go through I will have to pay out around $10,000. That is for all the blood work the doc visits, the ultra sounds, 5 days in the hospital and an emergency c-section. Oh and the 8 days my ds was in the nicu and circ.
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My last one was paid for out of pocket. It was close to 9k. I was in delivery and my room a total of 32 hours. No complications or anything. Felt like I was being run thro like a cow in a round up. Oh they did let me take a shower 4 hours after delivery, that was the big perk of the whole thing.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:36 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Over $10,000 to my insurance. Nothing for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:21 AM on Aug. 27, 2009