my SO thinks i cheated on him :(

me and my SO got into an argument on tuesday and i went out to the bar without him until 5 in the morning and a guy that i knew followed me home, he kept saying he wanted to make sure i got home okay because i drank a little too much, my SO was there waiting for me and saw me with the guy and now he thinks i was going to cheat on him and he wont talk to me. im so sad right now. i dont know what to do with myself. im afraid he really may never forgive me, and when i think about not being with him, i want to die. i cant stop crying. i dont know what to do with myself. he turned his phone off and alls i want to do is go find him and make him believe me. i need some help, or advice.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 10:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him you told him the truth. Now it's up to him to either believe you, or think your lying. Does he have any reason to thin that you would be dis-honest? I would get pissed if he didn't believe me. I would say, "fine then, If you want to sit around & play like the victim, when your not even close...go ahead....make yourself miserable over something that never happened"

That's what i would say. I would not sit around & feel sorry for him, when nothing ever happened.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• He's probably going to cheat on you. Make stuff even (in his male mind anyways) between the two of you. Whatever you may think and however nice he is its a pride thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well there's your first mistake.. you don't get into an argument and then go to the bar especially until 5 in the morning. Don't you two have a child? or children since your on CM? So shouldn't you have been home with your baby(ies) instead. IF the tables we're turned how would you feel. If my husband was shallow enough to go to the bar after a fight and stayed out until 5 in the morning and then drove home after having too much to drink.. (Which that in itself would be a big deal- too many people drive from people who have had too much to drink! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!) and having a woman follow him home. yeah his stuff would be on the front porch.

I guess your only choice is to give it time.. and if he doesn't believe you or forgive you then you will have learned a lesson.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree with another member, switch the tables around ..and if he had been the one to go to a bar till 5am, then come home with a woman that you did not know, i bet your arse you would be thinking that he either DID cheat or was going too. And with what the first poster said, depending on the time that you have been together, he may have already gone and slept with someone else...perhaps just leaving things alone and trying to move on is best.
    Lanie_momofone

Answer by Lanie_momofone at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• What was he going to do to help your drunk butt from a different car? You shouldn't have driven yourself home and the entire problem would never have happened.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Tell him "So what?" you are not married to him so what if you did or were going to? I'd tell him that should make him work harder at keeping you happy so you don't think about going out and finding anyone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i would be pissed at you too. this is actually your fault. so eat it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree & as bad as i hate it for you you gotta suck it up you f'd up.. you have to let this ride its course. don't run around trying to find him, he'll be back even if it's just to bitch you out. Put your BIG GIRL pants on & take it...
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If my DH did what you did, he'd find all his crap out in the yard. Whether you're married or not is not the point. Since you're on here you have at least one child. When you're living with someone and have children with them, you need to be a grown up. That doesn't mean have a fight and run off to the bar until 5 a.m. Which is probably another reason why he thinks you cheated not that having a man follow you home isn't reason enough. I've never known a bar to stay open past 2 a.m.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• dont you have a kid? why are you at the bar getting drunk ? if my husband did that he would be GONE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009