My baby is 7 months and still won't stay asleep in her crib. Any advise?

nycsexymommy

Asked by nycsexymommy at 10:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also have a 7 month old who has trouble sleeping. I don't know your situation, but this is what I do. First I give him bath before bed time. It seems to relax him. Then, I make sure he is well fed and well clothed (he tends to get cold at night.) Then, I use a paci ( I know not everyone uses them, but it seems to help his teething at night.) Usually, he will fall asleep right away and wake up in a few hours. When he wakes up, I hold him until he stops crying, then put him back down, rub his back and leave the room. He usually falls asleep this way, but sometimes I have had to let him fuss a little. Not everyone does things this way, but it seems to work for me. Also, I used to have this little baby sea horse, haha, (I think it's fisher price) that played music for 5 minutes and then automatically went off. He seemed to like the music and would just fall asleep.
    sabrinarae

Answer by sabrinarae at 11:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2009