How can I clean stuffed animals and cloth toys?

If I toss them in the washer is it ok to out them in the dryer? I want them to still be as soft as they are now?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 10:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some you can and others you can't.. I've always put most of my sons stuffed animals and toys like that in a pillowcase and thrown it in the washer on delicate and then dried them on gentle for small amounts at a time and then took them out before they were fully dry and air dried them the rest of the way and it always seemed to help keep them soft.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I've always put my kids stuffed animals in the washer (hot water, gentle cycle if needed, but usually not) and then in the dryer. If the washer doesn't kill the germs, the hot temp of the dryer sure does! They've always come out soft and fluffy clean for me! Actually, they come out in better condition b/c they are not all "matted" from use.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• put in a pillow case so the eyes don't scratch up the washer/dryer. If it has parts that might melt, put them in the freezer for a few hours to kill off the germs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I put them in the washer and dryer. If they have any kind of noise maker, that may not work after it's washed, though.

I run them through the dryer twice just to be sure the middle stuffing is dry though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Be careful of "ironed" on type faces and such, they may melt I melted the face of one of my son's favorite loves.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 11:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009