How can I clean stuffed animals and cloth toys?

If I toss them in the washer is it ok to out them in the dryer? I want them to still be as soft as they are now?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 10:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Just throw them in the washer and dryer. You could hang them up to dry -- but you might not what your children to see that as it might be traumatic!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It all depends upon what the animal is stuffed with. Most batting or fluff type stuffing does ok in washer and dryer but some will clump. Maybe you could start the drying process in a machine but finish with a hair dryer and the set it in the sun for the finish.
    Some animals are best to be spot cleaned and refreshed with an odor removal spray.
    Tip: preowned animals can be sanitized by putting in freezer overnight to kills germs and some bugs. Or if your own kids carried it when sick.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 10:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I usually wash them in the washer, even baby dolls with plastic heads and limbs, and cloth bodies. Then I lay them out to dry, so they remain soft and nothing melts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I give them a cloth bath, my son's favorite animal has a beany butt, so I'm afraid to put him in the washer.... I just wash him with a wet cloth (with a tiny bit of soap) then rub him down with a clean wet cloth, then into the dryer he goes (on delicate) :-)
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We put our daughters bunny in the bathtub when he is dirty with some woolite. My daughter loves to watch her bunny get a bath. Then I toss him in the dryer or lay outside if nice out.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009