Are there any Moms out there working from home? I'm very interested in finding something to do from home so I can stay home with my kids. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

ashley31087

Asked by ashley31087 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a 1yr old and another coming in October. Being able to work from home and not have to ok it with someone to take off if they need me is GREAT. I have a home business with Ameriplan. Even if you were not thinking of a home business please look at my profile. There s a great overview call you can listen to and tons of amazing info. It is the best opportunity that i have found and i am very thankful for it :)
    There is no selling or cold calling involved and it is something that you can build for your family's future.
    I hope to speak with you soon, God Bless!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Home based opportunities are a great option. You really have just two options here though. You have the option of a Work from home JOB or a Home based business. With a WAH Job you are working FOR a company and are paid per hour or per job. You will have a boss and you're not going to have as much flexability with your schedule. With a home based BUSINESS you are the boss! You are paid on commissions so you control your earnings. There is NO boss because YOU are the boss! You also have a choice with types of home based businesses. There are service based companies and product based companies... With a product you are going to be selling a product and each month you will need to find more and more people to sell to while still getting sales from those customers you already have... With a service, you will be able to build on your business month after month without having to talk to the same people month after money.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• For me it was a no brainer. I wanted something I could work when and how I wanted. I didn't want to do delieveries or repeat sales. And I wanted something that would let me earn a great income...

Find out what I do and decide if it's for you if it is I would be more than happy to get you started today! Get all the details at www.DailyChecksAtHome.com and then request your interview at www.Request-Interview.info

I'll talk to you soon!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am home with a 5 year old and a 2 year old! I work from home and absolutely love it. The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, and no MLM! Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Hi! I'm the one that just posted the links (see above).... you have to be careful........... there are ltos of scams out there....... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Just be very aware of the upfront costs. Ask tons of questions and get what you can in writing.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 11:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home. I love it!! It's super fun and super easy. Check it out, and let me know if I can help with any questions, or anything!! Hope you have a great day!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2009