Preggo mamas that work on your feet, need help

What are/were your favorite/most comfortable standing-on-your-feet-for-a-whole-shift pair of shoes? And i don't know what to do, 'cause my feet keep getting so swollen at work, so I keep wearing my sandals, but they're so flat and then my back starts to hurt!?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 10:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i cant help.. my fett and legs were soo swollen i had to wear house shoes to work...... but before then dr.sholls sandles were great!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• try some arch support bandages, i need to get some myself. i went out and bought new shoes (had to buy a whole size bigger) and i also got dr. scholls massaging gel insoles. if you're standing in one spot, stretch your legs and try moving around a bit. drink plenty of water and cut back on salty and fried foods.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• thanks ladies! i just bought a pair of clogs & also had to buy them a whole size bigger!! i was so shocked! mandielynn, do you like the dr. scholls massaging insoles? do they really massage your feet?! that would be fantastic...i will buy them today.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Buy yourself some compression stockings from a medical supply store. Used mainly for elderly and diabetic patients they work wonders at keeping swelling to a minimum. My SIL who's a nurse swears by them. Sit down if you need to if only for a few minutes and if your job allows it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009