Did I start my daughter with potty training too early.

My daughter is 2-1/2 years old and has shown interests in using the potty. She is consistant with going the bathroom on the toilet at school, but shows little interest at home. Her teachers had recommended that we try underware. She's been in underware in for 3 days and she's been great at school, but has a couple of accidents. My husband thinks because we are going on vacation in 3 weeks, she should go back to using the diapers (until after vacation)? What should I do?

samlynne

Asked by samlynne at 10:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep going!!! I would buy the training pants that are covered in plastic on the outside. That way it feels like underwear to her, but you won't have to worry about a soaked car seat on your vacation. Lol! Good job!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• do what you feel is right for your baby. if it were me, i'd keep on trying to potty train her since she's made so much progress already. it is ok for kids to have a few accidents when they are being potty trained, it helps them learn.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• keep the undies and see how it goes. If you need training pants for vacation, get a small pack of pull ups and tell her they are special vacation panties! I use them at night anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree with them. But, if you put her back in diapers, your just throwing alot of work out the window. :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Dont go back to the diapers. It will confuse her. Husbands can be lazy when it comes to potty training but get it over with. Stopping her now will only make matters worse and the process longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If your going to keep up the training through the vacation then you better gear up for that.

You can get folding potty seats that fit over public toilets and fit nicely in your bag - and little travel potties for your car because kids that age usually can't wait for the next rest stop.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009