Ideas of how to entertain my son while on bed rest

I have been placed on bed rest indefinatley due to preterm labor issues. I have a 3.5 yr old son already. I am looking for ideas of things DS and I can do. I am not allowed to sit. So anything I do I have to be able to lay down. We have already read most of his books and have been doing flash cards. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

ilovemymookey

Asked by ilovemymookey at 10:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does he stay at home full time with you? Gosh, I can think of small things...but I can't imagine having to lay in the bed all day with a 3 year old to entertain? Would it be possible to send him to daycare or have a baby sitter come to the house? It would be best for both of you? A three year old can't stay in the bed all day...they need to be active and you won't be able to supervise! I feel for you...I hope you can find someone to help out!

I would say movies, playdough, coloring books, maybe some cars or trains...stuff like that?! Good luck!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• do you have any vsmile games? there great for learning and they have the vmotion which is good for getting him up and moving while learning.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 11:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• blow bubbles and let him pop them, let him color you pictures, or play playdough
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I suggest putting him in a preschool program for a few days or mornings a week. He is going to get bored very quickly and won't be able to understand that you can't get up to play with him. Play computer games if you have wireless laptop, read more books, have him tell you a story and write it in a notebook, then illustrate it. Make up a story together and write it down and illustrate it. Draw silly pictures. Good luck and best wishes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009