What extra curriculum activities/lessons are your kids currently signed up for?

This Saturday our 4yr old will have her very first dance class. I'm not sure who's more excited me or her. I love all forms of dance and when I was just a few years older than she was (say 6) I took ballet classes that lasted until I was 11 or 12. I was hoping to get my oldest daughter into dance when she was this age but no such luck - it wasn't her thing and while it broke my heart she finished one semester and didn want us to enroll her into another.

Now, I get to have another shot of passing my love of dance to our youngest. I can already tell that she will like it much more than her older sister did. She already loves to dance and whenever music comes on she hops up and starts to dance and invites everybody do join her. The bottom line is that we want her to enjoy what she's doing and make a few friends in the process.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Girl Scouts and Awana, she wants to go back into dance but I think she has enough going already.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 11:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My 9yo dd is a junior scout this year (her 3rd year of Girl Scouts). It meets every other Saturday.
    My almost 8yo son does floor hockey on Friday evenings (non-competitve).
    My almost 7yo daughter is a Daisy (she meets every other Tuesday after school) and does gymnastics after school on Thursdays.
    My 3yo daughter has gymnastics on Monday afternoons.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Will does cub scouts he is a weblo and this year he will be playing trumpet.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My 5 year old daughter did dance and gymnastics when she was 4. This year she is only doing gymnastics (we're taking a break from dance for awhile) My 3 year old is getting ready to start gymnastics as well. They both took swimming over the summer.
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 12:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009