Is it possible to purchase breast milk?

If so, where?

Not talking about milk donation for sick babies. I'm talking about purchasing it to give to a healthy baby instead of purchasing formula.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Some mothers give it away. I had a friend who gave hers to a couple of grandparents raising their grand daughter.

try this website and see if it helps

www.breastmilkdonations.com/
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I didn't breast feed my three simply because I found it SOOOOO difficult. I remember saying to my husband, "Where can we buy this stuff?!" It's like gold when it's hard to come by!! I might feel a little weird giving my kids someone else's breast milk though. Like a loser. Not really, but kind of.
    sugarmama01

Answer by sugarmama01 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can get it at a milk bank, or through a milk share program. But if you're capable of BFing and just don't want to I can't imagine that anyone would give you any. If you really can't BF then on yahoo groups there's a milkshare group that's great.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• There is a milkshare group on yahoo and here on cafemom. They don't sell their milk they donate it to moms who need or want it. When I was pumping at work I had a ton extra so I donated it to a mom who had adopted a baby and she wanted the baby to have breastmilk only.
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009