Do you talk the talk and walk the walk or are you one to talk the talk and let someone else do the walking?

Or in other words do you keep it real?

Do you ever find yourself saying "I wish he/she would" about anything and then low and behold that person does, do you A) follow through with what you said or do you back down?

Ex: Before my ex and I were married I swore to all of my girl friends that if I ever found out he was cheating/lying to me I would beat his tail and get a divorce and so did they. Only thing different was when I found out not only did I whoop his tail and divorce him but I made sure I made his life a living you know what before the divorce was final. Now, unfortunately a few other of my girl friends found out their husbands were stepping out on them too but did absolutely nothing. Now if a marriage is salvagable then fine but chance after chance was given and still nothing done.

So not just in the case of cheating spouses but anything - do you talk the talk and walk the walk?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When it comes to disciplining children I stick to my guns, because if you don't they won't take it seriously. When I say eat dinner or don't ask for cake I mean it, there will be NO cake.

When I told my neighbor I was going to kick him in the balls he thought I was joking, I really did.

When my fiance is being a jerk and I tell him "if you want to be an ass to me then don't ask any favors" I stick to that too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I try very hard not to say "never" or "always". Because the truth is, we don't know what we'd do unless we are in that particular situation.

If I DO say that I will do something, I try to make damn sure that I'll actually do it.

My husband cheated on me and I stayed. We worked through it. It was a good decision, we've never been happier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It depends on the situation, I always try to do what I say and mean what I say I'm going to do! I want to leave my husband soooooo bad, but I'm 6 months pregnant, have an 11 month old and jobless, I want full custody of my kids, but have no money for a lawyer or anything soooo I'm waiting for now until I'm making progress towards a job.
    Anonymous

• Yes
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• For me that would more than likely be a dealbreaker. And since I've already told him it would be, I'd have to stick to it. It's not like not taking out the trash or spending too much money, for me anyway. I have trust issues as it is and would not be able to forget.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009