maternity leave

OK so this is probably confusing but here we go ....

As of Feb 2009 I was taken out of work, not with a specific diagnosis, but with bais pregnancy problems, excessive weight gain because I was retaining excessive amounts of water. I only worked part time so I didn't think I was eligible for disability, however I was told that I would receive maternity pay after I had my baby. I had my baby girl on June 11th and reported it to my HR department, I filled out my packet, and now they are denying me my 6 weeks of maternity pay because "my disability began more then 30 days before my maternty leave"... According to my disability claim insurance a doctor's note is not sufficient for documentation of my dsiability, therefore, they want all my medical records from my appointments leading up to the delivery. ALL I wanted was my paid 6 weeks, not short term disability pay.... are they entitled to all my medical records. WHAT DO I DO?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am confused, did you any get disability pay?
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No. I didn't think I was eligible so I didn't apply for any. I know stupid! BUT now they are asking for the records because they don'T believe my doctors note or something. They want a diagnosis and medical records. The lady on the phone said "anyone can go get a note" ahhhh
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009