How did ya know it was time?

With my 1st child my water broke an was sent to the hospital i didnt have any pains til i was 9cm! An with my 2nd had no pains but went to doc for my weekly check up an was dialated to 4 cm an the sent me to the hospital! So i never really started with the painful contractions til the end of my labor! An im 35wks prego an im scared im not gonna relieze im in labor unless my water breaks or the doc sends me to the hospital!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my 1st my water leaked out and i went to the hospital everyday for a week. they sent me home saying i just peed on myself, but i knew better. i went out of town and started having really bad pains, and went to the hospital in the town i was in. they had to give me an emerg. c-section. the doctor told me my son had been in my stomach for almoat a week with no water he had to get shots so he wont get an infection. with my 2nd the dr was going to take her on the 8th of aug. but i started having really bad back, and stomach pains they had to take her on the 6th. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yea right. well, you will know when you are in alot of pain. whats there to be scared of? if you dont have pain til the end like you say...why are you afraid then? hmm..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Anon 11:40 lets see hm not making it to the hospital in time! Plus my doc says this labor should go very quickly because i was only in active labor with my 2nd for 2 hours!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Why are you scared? You have uncomplicated labors. If your hospital is close by and that's where you want to give birth, you will have time. Even if this labor is cut in half...is your hosptial more than an hour away? I'm sure you noticed when the baby moved down your birth canal even if you weren't feeling contractions and had fast labors.

Are you worried about accidentally giving birth at home? Why? It's your house and you've done it before. If you prepare yourself for that possibility then you will feel prepared and empowered IF it happens rather than worried and scared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain. And most fools do. but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”

I honestly don't have an answer for you but I sympathize. I worry about the same exact thing as I don't know what it's like to go into labor on my own. :) I also want to labor comfortably at home thru early labor and this being my third, well, I am worried I'll either wait to long, or it'll go so quick I won't have time to get to the hospital. It's a scary thought and I don't blame you for worrying one bit. Congrats and good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i think you should read up on delivering baby yourself JUST IN CASE. that way you won't be so scared. do a lot of research over the next 2 weeks so you can feel confident that if you don't make it to the hospital like you want to, that you can take care of things until you do get there. then mostly likely you will make it to the hospital on time and everything will go the way you want. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009