maternity leave

OK so this is probably confusing but here we go ....

As of Feb 2009 I was taken out of work, not with a specific diagnosis, but with bais pregnancy problems, excessive weight gain because I was retaining excessive amounts of water. I only worked part time so I didn't think I was eligible for disability, however I was told that I would receive maternity pay after I had my baby. I had my baby girl on June 11th and reported it to my HR department, I filled out my packet, and now they are denying me my 6 weeks of maternity pay because "my disability began more then 30 days before my maternty leave"... According to my disability claim insurance a doctor's note is not sufficient for documentation of my dsiability, therefore, they want all my medical records from my appointments leading up to the delivery. ALL I wanted was my paid 6 weeks, not short term disability pay.... are they entitled to all my medical records. WHAT DO I DO?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you will probably have to get on the phone and sort this out with your insurance or HR department! Don't take sorry for an answer, ask to speak to someone else if they are being rude or confusing. I hope you get what you need!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Call an attorney to see if you can get a consultation. Someone who knows the law.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009