should i have prolapse repair surgery or wait

Hello every1 ! I'm new to the group, and in need of some help on a tough decision. After my 4th baby I developed a prolapse of the bladder, rectum, and cervix is low. My condition is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Health

• ohhhhhhhhhhh, sister! I think that it is time to call it a day in the baby making department.

If you have the repair and get pregnant-you could end up with a serious mess down there. If you don't have the surgery and continue to have kids-its going to get worse. Prolapse is NOT fun. Especially when it entails so much like you.

If I had advice to give based on what you wrote:

1. thank God for the 4 babies you have
    2. Get fixed
    3. Get the repair done (for your well being and health)

Time to take care of you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yep I agree with the above post. My friend had a severe prolapsed uterus and she had her partial hystorectomy 2 weeks ago. She and her husband tried and tried to have another and couldn't get her pregnant. She is also 27 but with only one child. Be greatful for who you have and remember there are other means of getting babies. Foster care, adoption etc....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had an anterior repair with a TVT-O  (Tension Free Vaginal Tape Obturator) in Feb of this year .   I initially went to the doctor due to SUI but found I had Pelvic Organ Prolapse as well.  (Id had a hysterectomy in Jan 2000)

Posterior and Anterior Colporrhaphy (pronounced kol-por’e-fe): These procedures involve folding and then suturing, or stitching, the back (posterior) or front (anterior) wall of the vagina to support prolapsed organs.

http://www.gynecare.com/  (good source of information)

I did go back in for surgery in April this year for an oophorectomy and to laser off some adhesions.

My advice, get the surgery.  Your 4 children need a healthy Mommy. 

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009