How do I get this off of here!!??

My 18 month old son uses those soft nippled sippy cups, and he always throws them in the sink when he is done (or the trash depending on his mood lol). Last week he threw it into a bowl or pot or something that had had tomato sauce in it, so the whole cup and nipple got stained orange, I got the cup clean with just hot soapy water, but the nipple is still stained!! Is there any way to get that off??

AMsMommy212

Asked by AMsMommy212 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• btw it didnt sit in the tomato sauce water for a week (only an hour or so), I've just tried several times to clean it and it hasn't worked so I thought I'd see if you ladies had any ideas!!

Thanks!!
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I've heard Dawn is good for taking red stains out but I would boil it. You could try rinsing it then with baking soda water.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Either throw it away or soak it in bleach then of course soak in hot water to rinse.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The Dawn Direct Foam is the only thing I've found that removes all traces of tomato based stains on plastic. It is also the best grease stripper for pots and pans.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I used the Dawn Foam for all my hand washed dishes so that's a no-go(already tried it twice plus once in the dishwasher).. I've never used bleach to clean the bottles/cups/nipples but I've seen the commercial, what's the dilution ratio? Im thinking about just throwing it out.. I know there is nothing REALLY wrong with it but I just cant bring myself to let him use it all stained like that!!
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have never found anything that will take a tomato based stain out of plastic. I have tried everything under the moon. So if something works for you, let me know!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I personally buy replacement spouts and nipples all the time. If one is getting worn or stained it gets tossed.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 9:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009