Does your little girl have long hair or short?

My dd has long hair I take care of it with her it is long and pretty (6yrs. old) sometimes she tells me I am being rough with her and I tell her let's go and get it shorter like maybe past her shoulders (it is to her waist right now) I guess I have it long on her bc there is so many ways you can do with long hair/medium length.
I love the french braids sometimes 2 of them it looks so beautiful she even gets compliments too. Maybe next time I go get mine trimmed we will do hers maybe donate it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She has medium length hair. It would have been longer but a year ago, she cut it off and it was really short. it's now just about as long as it was before she cut it. It's about 1/3 of the way down her back.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• if you cut it off please donate it. that would make it a valuable learning tool. my oldest was a tender head also and hubby said i was too rough, i tossed him the brush and told him to have at it. With in a week he apologised.

Let her brush through it first then you can style it. She is old enough to start learning to groom herself.

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• When it's dry my daughters hair is a couple inches past her shoulders - she loves for me to braid it or do a french twist, and I love to play with it. It's just like my old Barbie head! lol

Answer by missanc at 2:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My oldest daughter is 9 and has the longest hair of my kids. It's just past her shoulders. Last year she had it cut to her chin because she refuses to take care of it. She doesn't want to wash it and never brushes it. School started this week and I told her if she didn't brush it every single day we were getting it cut off this weekend. So far she's been brushing it.
    My 6 1/2yo daughter got most of her hair cut off a couple months ago. She wanted it to her chin and it's shorter in the back.
    My 3yo daughter also got hers cut to her chin. None of them have had longer then a couple inches past their shoulders.
    I had mine down to my waist in high school/college and I hated it so much. It was so heavy and so hot. After my 1st year of college I had my mom cut it to mid-back and then the next year I got it cut above my shoulders. I keep it that length now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughter use to have long hair, but my husband who takes her to school would never brush it. It's now shoulder length and it's a great style. He still doesn't always brush it, but I remind him that she can get bugs because of it, so he tries.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Mine has medium length hair. You can still do everything with medium length, and its' more managable.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well for my 14 yr DD she had extremly long blonde hair up until last week. it had been down to her waist and just cut it to about the middle of her back. She had donated it to Locks of Love. My 9yr twin DDs also have hair to about the middle of their backs. My 4yr DD has more medium length hair..sholder length.
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my 5 yr old has hair down to her bum. i always wanted a girl so i can do her hair..yaa well..she hates her hair being touched..lol..sooooo not cool!!! but sometimes she will let me do cute stuff to it!! most of the time its just pulled into a pony tail tho. lately she has been asking me if she can get her hair cut like her cousins hair (she is 8 and has hair to her shoulders) but her hair wont grow any longer than that, she wants hair like my daughter, and my daughter wants hair like hers..lol..my niece has ugly hair tho..i hate to say that, but yaaa..its not good hair..whereas my daughters is perfect!! i might take her to get a few inches off....but...i dunnnnnno..then theres a part of me that wants to let her get her hair cut and donate to locks of love...but..then another part of me says wait til shes a lil older so she will undertsand more...uuuuuuuugh...so frustrating!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my 8 year old has shoulder length hair

middle has short "pixie' hairstyle - her hair doesn't grow much and is really thick/wiry

youngest has shoulder length too but its going to be getting a trim
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2009