Impacted ear wax. Is there a way to treat it at home.

I have had ear problems since I was a baby. Now thanks to my own stupidity my ears are all screwed up from using the stupid Q-tips. Is there a way I can loosen the wax in my ears. It hurts and I can't hear as well.
No health insurance, so I'm looking for something cheap that I can do myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Health

• You can buy this liquid stuff that cleans your ear canals.

Answer by louise2 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Are they full of ear wax? If so go to the pharmacy and get this little instrument for cleaning out the wax or look for some earwax loosener. Or just get you a bobby pin and carefully insert into the are and start pulling out (use the loopy part of course) and your done. don't go too deep sometimes we need our earwax in our ears it helps from foreign debris from going all the way in our ears. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Debrox. But my mom is a pediatric nurse and talks about cleaning lots of gunk out of kids ears. It sounds like it would feel really good.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can buy a bottle of Debrox and a bilb syringe. Use the Debrox as directed on the box. Basically you put the drops in let it sit for a period of time then GENTLY flush the ear with tepid water. If you have someone that can help you it will be easier.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can do it with hydrogen peroxide and glycerin. Ask the pharmacist or by the ready made stuff. Use the drops for a few days to loosen the wax. (I would do the drops a couple times a day), then use the bulb syringe to rinse it out. I had to do this for my dad and my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• CASTOR OIL!!!! Really.. thats good for SOOOO many things!! When your sick, rub it on the bottom of your tummy. ear infection? Put it in your ear! You can also use any kind of natural oil. :) Im telling ya it works!!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would try ear candling! Its hard to explain. Look it up on the net . It seemed to work for me

stumpyone

Answer by stumpyone at 4:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2009