Does your daughter have bangs?

Mine doesn't she used to but I'd perfer her not to they grow so fast and is in the way of the eyes. I have seen little girls that actually wear their hair in their eyes and it doesn't bother them...for me I would just have to get a ponytail holder or a burette to hold back that hair that is why she no longer has bangs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter (4) has them, but we are in the process of growing them out...its going to be a long road... I always put them in a clip, but she inevitably takes the clip out at some point during the day so its a bit of a struggle. Her hair seems to grow so slow too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughter, who is 4, does too. I cut her bangs myself, about every 1-2 weeks or so. Her hair grows fast. We might grow them out in the future. I don't know, she looks so cute in them.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My DD used to have bangs, but I don't and she wanted to have hair like me. She grew her bangs out which was a struggle because I can't stand bangs in the eyes. Well she would also take her clips out. Now her hair is all one length and she does it herself now and she is just so cute.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No bangs here. She has beautiful curly hair - those long bouncy curls everyone wants (i get stopped and asked all the time how much i paid to have her hair "done") and I've just never had the heart to cut it

Answer by missanc at 2:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Nope. My oldest had them until she was 6 or so and then I decided to grow them out. I never cut my middle daughter's bangs so she's never had them. She's almost 7 now. And my youngest daughter who is 3 is growing hers out right now. They are down to her chin but that is how short all of her hair is now. Because of the way she wears her hair they are usually pushed out of her face and she has already learned how to push her hair behind her ears (something my older 2 girls can't seem to grasp, lol).
    I haven't had bangs since I was 13 or 14. I hate them. They're too much of a pain to keep trimmed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My 5 y.o. DD doesn't b/c she grew them out. She was very good about keeping the clip in until they were long enough to tuck back. My 6 y.o. SD has bangs. She tried to grow hers out but hates hair clips so she finally asked me to cut them. I think they made good choices. DD looks better without bangs, SD looks better with them.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• nope, my 5yr old has never had bangs..her hair is down to her bum, all one length, its beautiful!! im so jealous of her hair!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My daughter (8) just got bangs before school started this year. She has long straight fine hair, that she will NOT let me pull back or tuck behind her ears. And she chews on her hair. This summer I finally got tired of trying to brush through the gummy chewed part, so I had bangs cut. They look good on her. If she'll agree to wear her hair up (even just partly up) I'll let her bangs grow out again.
    Jodi_A

Answer by Jodi_A at 5:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• no bangs for any of them.

drives me nuts to have the hair in their eyes - and the way their hair grows....lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Nope. My almost 7 year old never has. We have only trimmed her hair. I WANT to cut it off LOL, give her a cute cut, but DH doesnt want that to happen. What is with guys and long hair?
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2009