How do I save a candle?

I have a candle that I love. The problem is that it is burning unevenly. I am interested in finding a way to "save" the candle. It is a 6 by 4 inch pillar that sits on a plate. Is there a way to melt it down and start over? Does this diminish the scent? Thanks for taking time to help.

TwylaBleu

Asked by TwylaBleu at 11:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i dont know about that BUT IF YOU PUT THE CANDLE IN THE FRIG FOR A DAY OR 2 IT WILL BURN ALOT SLOWLY AND WHEN YOUR NOT USING IT PUT IT IN THE FRIG AND IT WILL LAST ALOT LONGER. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
    maryof5

Answer by maryof5 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i always cut the wick down before each use and that always helps them burn evenly
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm not positive but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't retain it's scent if you melt it down, or it at least wouldn't be the same. I would put it in a cylinder type candle holder, so the wax can't buldge out as much, hope that helps!
    Rhimeadows1

Answer by Rhimeadows1 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Instead of risking a fire by continuing to burn an uneven candle, I recommend using an electric simmer pot. You can break up the candle and gradually add the wax to keep the scent fresh.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 9:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I don't know how uneven your candle is burnt, but "hugging" your candle helps. Pretty much all that means is that you gently push the sides in a little while it is warm and lit. Also, don't burn your candle for a few minutes at a time. That creates a hole down the middle of your candle where the wick is. So try to only burn it for about an hour or so, long enough for most of the top to liquefy. (hehehe, can you tell I used to sell party lite)
    DixieRoadrash

Answer by DixieRoadrash at 11:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2009