depressed about weight..

ok im at a low.. im 5'7 330lbs and idk how i let it get this bad, i try to work out but seeing how im really heavy i get so tired so easily and it is hard on my joints so was wondering what are some low impact ways to lose weight? please no bashing me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Health

• I'm a lazy person and hate working out but lost 50 lbs without major activity. I did however, change my eating habits and that helped as well. I began with stretches, weight training (2 lb weights) and resistance bands. You can do this stuff while watching tv if you want. I had a hard time walking in the beginning so only walked to the dumpster to throw out garbage then went a bit further each time until I could walk a half mile out and half mile back. I only did that 2 - 3 times a week bc I hate all that walking! lol I now have a recumbant bike (walmart $100) that I use so I don't get over heated on hot days. I just use my dining room as my "gym" and ride! In the beginning I could only do 2 min a day and am up to 10 min now. I watched some exercise tapes and took what I liked from each tape and formed my own regiment of exercises. I still do mostly stretches. I do not do aerobics other than walking bc it's more for cardio

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with legumes like bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron)

Answer by rkoloms at 1:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I will tell you what has worked for me. It is difficult, but you will feel SO much healthier. Mine has been 100% diet so far, and I lost about 3 lbs a week. It is a STRICT diet but you do get to eat plenty to keep you satisfied. It is low fat, low sodium, no dairy. You can have plenty of whole grain breads, chicken, low fat ground turkey, fruits and vegetables, beans and peas, brown rice or jasmine rice, fruit popsicles, and if you feel you must have ice creams you can have sorbet or italian ice instead. If you are interested in this diet, PM me. You will have SO much more energy, and when you see the weight just coming off, you will love it. Plus with a low sodium diet your body will start to expel the water you are retaining (trust me, you may not know it but you are retaining water!) and you will be so surprised by how much more energy you have. I can send you recipes, snack ideas, and meal plans if you would like.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I lost weight (about 40lbs until I got pregnant) and I hate exercising. I know how you feel. I was depressed and felt awful all the time. I'm 5'9 and my peak weight was 280. I decided to work on my diet first. Yeah, you have to exercise to lose weight and stay in shape, but I didn't start out with it. I just worked on my eating habits and got myself into a routine with that. Once I was feeling better just from eating healthier, I started a yoga program. It was low impact and I just did it every day, I didn't sweat or anything... After I got used to that I started walking. Hope you start feeling better.
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 3:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes all of the above answers are all great also i will add, that diet change is a must, swimming is very good, it works all your muscles and burns more calories for the same amount of time as what wlking would do. have you heard about Herbalife ? if you follow it like it supposed to be done, you will lose weight. cut the dairy and red meats. no processed meats like hotdogs/cold cuts, pork. everything boiled,steamed or grilled. COLON CLEANSE is a must dont go without doing that is important- take a vitimin suppliment. check blood pressure, regularly, and get a complete blood panel done with your doctor is VERY helpful, best of luck, you can do it!! say NO to all sodas, and desserts, like above try the sherbets only one scoop once a week at the most. no chewing gum either, no no. Please send me a message from time to time, i would really like to know your progress. i am working to loose weight too
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 7:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2009