My 2 year old has a very bad habit......

He eats his own poop. Every time he poops and even before i smell it he has it on his hands and puts it in his mouth. Is this normal? Have any of you moms went through this before with your 2 year olds? Help lol!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• with the lol on the end, it make your post sond like a troll.... it's horrible your child does that #1 it is harmful b/c of all the bacteria, it can make him very sick or even kill him
    #2 a 2 y/o dosen't need to be in a diaper, potty train asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• it is perfectly aceptable for a 2 yer old to still be in a diaper.. the average age for a child to be trained is 3.5.. .thats fully trained! its her choice if she wants to wait...

i think it would be a good time to start though.. my ds used to take his diapers off and play with his poop.. thats when we started training.... good luck...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Hold on. I am not a troll. If you have a stick up your ass than that is your problem. I am asking a legitimate question. As far as being in a diaper i never asked for your opinion on that now did I Idiot?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Thank you 2cuteboysrmine. Finally I get good insight from a real person. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• also if your NOT ready to PT buy onsies and keep them on him.. they make it way harder to get into the diaper than just a t-shirt and pants....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Great Idea. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 2yr olds do crazy things. Try your best to potty train as soon as possible. My 2yr old would use her poop as lotion. I trained her and now she knows its nasty. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It may be time to start potty training. In the mean time, get him some playdoh so that he can play with that, and he may be less inclined to play with poop. My nephew did this for a while, never eating it, but he would put it in his hair. They started putting him to bed in zipper pjs so he couldn't get into those and had him wear a lot of overalls over onsies. Much harder to get into overalls easily than pants.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009