Will I be induced because of kidney problems?

Ok...I'm 36 almost 37 weeks, yesterday at prenatal app midwife sent home the oh so lovely 24hr uirne jug,(I have been spilling protein since 30 wks). They made me schedule another app for first thing tomorrow morning to go over the results. I don't have high bp, but I suspect my kidneys aren't working well. I have always had problems with UTI's and my kidneys and I think that this pregnancy is taking a toll on my pore kidneys. I was just wondering about the induction as I want to be prepared for it. Does anyone or suspect that is why they wanted to see me back so soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they could induce you but luckily your full term so everything would be fine, but they could just want to go over the test results with you never know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It's possible they will offer it to you. However in TX. a 36-37 week is considered full term. The induction of course is not without risks, but then again neither is natural childbirth. Know all risks involved to you and baby and make your decision. Or if you trust your doctor, and I truly hope you do as two lives are in his/her hands, then do what they recommend. It may be they just want to monitor you closely so that something disasterous doesn't happen. That's a good thing BTW. Good luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It's possible because of your pre-existing condition. If your health is an issue, they may suggest induction even if the baby could cook a little longer under different circumstances. They might first make some other suggestions to get things under control if it is getting worse, or just want to monitor you closely to be sure you aren't worsening or causing othe problems.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am on my 3rd pregnancy and spilled proteins at EVERY SINGLE pre-natal appt that I have been to with all three of my kids! How much protein are you spilling? Are your ankles swollen?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009