How long have you had your....

furniture?

I have had my furniture for 8 years... and I want to get new furniture. They are in good shape and I had them professionally cleaned once in 8 years. How much would you sell them for? 1 couch, 1 love seat, 1 chair with ottman. (big furniture)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've had my furniture 8+ years too. Mine are in great shape as well. For the set of 3 I would probably ask $500 but be willing to entertain any offers. GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 3:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We have antique furniture that we picked up at autions, garage sales and alleys. I love all of it and would not want to get rid of any of it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We have had our living room furniture for 10 years. The couch has some stains on it that I have been unable to get out, so I keep it covered now. The loveseat still looks brand new. I wouldn't try to sell mine, I would just donate it to someone who needs it. The way I look at it is that I got 10 years out of it, most people don't keep furniture that long. Except we aren't planning on replacing it anyways, so we may get 10 more years out of it, lol.
    But if you think that it is in good enough shape to sell to someone, I'd ask a couple hundred for it, just to be rid of it and make a few bucks on.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• In all honesty I would say probably for $200-$250.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I sold furniture for years. The average family in America keeps their furniture 3-5 years before buying new. How much you sell it for entirely depends on its condition. I doubt you will get more than $500-$600 for the entire set because styles in furniture change over time and no offense but people buying it will have an idea of about how long you have had it. Your best bet is Craigslisting it. You'll make more than you would in a yard sale.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• 5 years and we bought it from a thrift store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009