I'm 28 Now And I have 4 Kids I Love My Life ,But Sometimes I feel Sad And Angry and impatient With Them.Is It normal To be So irrated and more Now My oldest Son Is a adolsent ?

Help Me understand How To Deal With My Kids And Not Be So Angry,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I LOVE my kids.... adore them with every bit in me...BUT..I feel you. I feel that way a bit more than sometimes I think I should. I try to be patient and understanding, but sometimes it is hard. So many people will tell others.. you should not have to "try" to be a good parent (trust me I know...). But, who ever says that they don't get mad or go overboard sometime is lying.. Every mom feels it, some just handle it a bit better. I read ALOT of self help books about, controlling anger (I really don't have a true anger problem but it is good to keep yourself in check), being more understanding and reasonable, how to handle different emotions etc... There is much you can do to help yourself..:) I hoped I helped you feel less alone in this. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well, what have you done for yourself lately?? Sounds to me, like not sh&*! with all those kids. Sounds like it is time to do something for yourself!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• you have to try to remember it's not their fault you feel like that, it's stressful having 2 kids so i can't imagine having 4...i sometimes get really frustrated with my 3 y/o dd but i try to take it easy on her b/c she's jsut a child... hang in there mama it'll get better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Bless your heart. They are ONLY at adolescent stage? Wait for the teen years! Yes it's normal to feel overwhelmed and irritated and even angry. Pick your battles. Start letting the oldest make his own decisions and even allow him to help you with the others. Sharing Responsibility will help you both make it through the next few years.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009