I hate my friends.

All but one, but I have a friend who is always suggesting that I'm not doing my job as a parent and it pisses me off because he's ony been to my house twice since my daughter has been born and he's always making these judgement calls. As if he knows everything the minute he walks in the door. We have been friends a long time and close, but lately I'm just getting tired of talking to him because all he ever brings up is how I take care of my kid. How do I drop him?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• tell him to piss off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Just fade away, ignore his calls, be busy when he calls so get off the phone fast. Tell him the truth if you can...when he says I never tak to you anymore tell him he brings you down and you r workn hard to be a mom and his insults bring you down. Friends should build eachother up. He may not realize he is doing it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well, have you tried discussing it with him? Do you value this person's friendship? If so, explain that he is being a bit opinionated, and to tone it down, or completely avoid the subject of your parenting skills. If you want this person out of your life than just X him out, but did say you were close and for along time.
    doublefistin

Answer by doublefistin at 12:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• if a person leaves you feeling draines after a call or visit from them
    then they are what is called an energy taker

if you leave a visit with a person feeling revived and full of energy
    then this person is an energy giver
    energy passed back and forth between people, both leaving feeling more alive

you do not have to give your energy away to an energy taker, but it is not an easy thing to learn, until you know how to keep your energy and not have it taken from you, you should avoid these energy takers
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Tell him that you appreciate his desire to give you constructive criticism but it's coming out judgmental and it's damaging your friendship and you need a break from his hurtful words. He will either stop doing it and be a real friend or he'll get his panties in a wad and stay away. Does he have his own children? If not, you might suggest to him that he use his own advice when he has his own children.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Stop hanging out with him. Don't answer his calls, don't invite him over. If he drops by, step outside the door and tell him politely that you don't have room for someone like him in your life.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009