What is your favorite kind of cake? Any one have a easy cake recipe?

I'm looking for an easy cake recipe to make for my kids to celebrate the first day of school. Usually we buy a Carvel Ice Cake but they've gotten way to expensive, so I thought I would make one instead. Oh, my 4yr old is allergic to strawberries so there goes all the yummy ideas for anything involving strawberries.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My favorite cake is Applesauce cake.....yum. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe for it.....but my mom always makes it and instead of cake frosting we use vanilla yogurt.....SO GOOD!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Ok, this has been a huge hit this summer and so easy and the kids love it... chocolate eclair cake...get 2 packages instant vanilla pudding (or banana would be good too) and a container of cool whip, mix pudding with 3 cups milk and mix, add cool whip and beat for 2 mins...take a 9x13 inch pan, put a layer of graham crackers, spread 1/2 the pudding mix, then another layer of graham crackers, then another layer of pudding then one more layer of graham crackers. Then take a can of chocolate frosting and microwave for 30 seconds and mix it real good and pour/spread over the top. Cool in the fridge for a few hours. AWESOME and so easy.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My favorite cake:

Bake choc. cake in a 9x13. pull it out when it is hot and poke holes in it with end of a wooden spoon. Pour 1 can eagle brand milk on it, and 1 jar carmel topping on it. It will soak into the hot cake. Cool completely and spread on cool whip. Sprinkle toffee pieces on top (or chruched up heath bar) soooo good!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I love all versions of better than sex cake. Although if this is for you LO's I would call it better than anything cakes lol I have a link for you that I found the other day for dozens more than I knew of.  http://www.bettycrocker.com/search/searchresults.aspx?terms=poke-cakes&WT.dcsvid=MjA5NjQwNDk2MQS2&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_BettyCrocker_07_13_2009&rvrin=C4F69064-0A83-DC11-920E-00110A5B41E6

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Omigosh, one year someone donated a pistachio Christmas cake to our church, and I will NEVER love another cake!! Sad part is, that was 5 yrs ago, and I still haven't found a recipe or who sells them :-( I would suggest that if you could find one. You'll hate every other cake after having one!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If I need an easy recipe I just buy the boxed kind LOL.

My favorite kind of cake....Angel Food.

However, we have Red Velvet more often cuz its DH's favorite.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009