How long have you had your.... furniture?

I have had my furniture for 8 years... and I want to get new furniture. They are in good shape and I had them professionally cleaned once in 8 years. How much would you sell them for? 1 couch, 1 love seat, 1 chair with ottman. (big furniture)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Look on craigslist to get an idea what a set like that is going for in your area.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Almost all of my furniture is hand me downs. My sister gave me her couch/love seat/coffe table. they have seen better days but SO comfy so I am going to get sofa covers. A friend of my husband gave us our sons bed, my mom gave us his dresser. We just bought our bed set a year ago.

If your furniture is in pretty good shape I wouldlist it around $3-400 and put an OBO, always put an OBO on there.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My dining room table and sofa chair is 5 yrs. Dining room chairs are 10-15 yrs old (they were my mom's) and my sofa we've had for a few months, but I bought it used. Entertainment center is 10+ yrs (was my grandmothers), but all the bedroom furniture and office stuff is fairly new.

You could probably sell your set for $300 if it's nice. I have seen nice name brand furniture (Ashley, etc) go for $800 at 5 yrs old. Brand means a lot to some people, but it means nothing to me. I go for price and condition when I buy.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Which piece?

Our living room furniture is about 4 years old, and I'm looking to get new stuff in the spring. After we pay off both of our cars. I want to get exactly what I want, though and I have no idea what that is at this point.

Our bedroom furniture is about 5 years old, but I stil love it. We bought a new mattress set last January.

Our dining room table is almost a year old.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009