Do you get along with your in-laws(out-laws)?

So, Do you get along with you MIL,FIL, SIL, BIL? If you do who and why? If you don't who and why? I don't not get along with them to me they are just there. I know that's kind of mean but it's reality.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mil-yes
    sil (dh's sister)- yes
    fil- yes but he's really annoying

sil (brother's wife)- i tolerate her but i really want to punch her in the mouth
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Sometimes, i use to never get along with my mil, but i learned that everyone is different and that there are most likely things about me that she doesn't like so i had to learn to agree to disagree more and not to sweat the small stuff, hard road, and im still struggling and i get mad at her sometimes, but i pray and try and stay strong and loving, i said a prayer for me to begin to see the good in people instead of always looking at the bad, and it happened and i make that my life focuse, because i want people to see the good in me too
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I get along with my MIL, she is very nice and tries to always help us out even though she lives a couple hours away. my FIL on the other hand....let's just say i can barely tolerate his visits. SOs parents are divorced and it's easy to see why! they are as different as night and day. FIL is an alcoholic bully and I dread his visits because SO always gets really drunk when his dad visits. He's just a jerk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• At first no, but after the birth of our youngest we've gotten along sooo much better. It was more so my MIL that I had issues with. However, just the other day I caught myself saying to my husband "So when are Oma and Opa visiting us next?" I think I shocked the pants off of him, he was speechless.

It also helps that they live thousands of miles away in Holland - so it gives me the chance to miss them more so than if they lived closer.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• MIL-Hell no
    BIL-Hell no
    SIL-I guess
    FIL- Don't really know him.. only met him three times... so I guess I get along with him. LOL
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I get along with them well enough. My DH doesnt have any brothers or sisters. I have only met his dad maybe three times, one more time than my hubby. His dad was never in his life when he was a kid, and not much has changed now that he's an adult. I used to Hate his mom with a passion, but she is finally getting her act together, so shes not so bad. I love his aunt, who is more of a mother to him, and like a best friend. His other aunt is pretty cool too, and I havent met either of his 2 uncles. I think hes met all my family though, all 5 thousand of them lol ok not that many, but I have a big family.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• mil- no she is really really dumb
    fil- no he is a drunk pervert who has made disgusting comments to me and stares nastily at my 5 yr old dd
    sil- no she is always begging for money. she doesnt work and only has one kid my dh works and has 3 kids and I am a SAHM
    all my sisters husbands are fine we all get along well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I get along with all of them. From MIL and FIL, my two BIL's (neither are married, so no SIL's yet) and even his extended family.

Why? Because they are good people who raised a great son. I've even driven to Texas to spend time with them while DH was deployed. They treat me just like I am their daughter, and they love their grandkids too.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We all got along well. They have passed away but they were nice people. My SIL was kind of a wierdo but we still got along with her. She was obssessed with watching religious programs and tapes and refused to watch regular TV shows or movies because she thought they were evil. The best way to get along with her was to avoid talking about Religion and TV. LOL. But-you can get along with anyone if you want to, for the sake of the family and the kids. Kids don't need to see family fights. I didn't either.LOL. So-we were all nice to each other. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I wish I had the in-law family that Cavalrybaby02 does! My husband is an only child, so that cuts down on our extended family. My m-i-l insists on talking to me in a fake little girl voice on the odd occasion that we do talk. She knows nothing about her only grandchildren and isn't particularly interested in being involved. One year for Christmas, the only thing she gave my youngest was a bottle cover... and she was exclusively breastfed! My f-i-l expresses interest in my oldest because she's in tae kwon do. If he acknowledges my youngest at all, it's in a very negative way. We love my husband's stepmom though! She loves us all and never shows any sort of favoritism to either daughter. We look forward to Nanny's visit!
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 1:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009