Whats your childs nap schedule like, if they nap?

My DD refuses to nap lately :(. Im due with another little girl in 5 weeks, and I REALLY need her to take naps right now because I'm soooo exhausted! I even resorted to putting her in her old infant swing yesterday so she'd stay still long enough to sleep. (its the only thing that worked lol). Do your kids still nap and if so when and how long?

CNsg

Asked by CNsg at 1:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is honing in on 19 months as she take one nap a day. Generally about 2 hours, from 10:30-12:30 or somewhere in there. She goes to sleep at 8:30 and wakes at about 6:30-7 am. So she gets an average of 12 hours of sleep total a day.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• During the week my son is like clockwork, he sleeps from 12-3, his sitter said if she feeds him lunch a little late, he'll fall asleep before finishing!! I dont think he'll be done napping anytime soon. It's a little different on the weekends at home because we usually sleep later. He gets up around 6 during the week and around 8 on the weekends so he isnt ually tired until closer to 2 IF he even naps. Not sure what time you get your toddler up, but you might try bumping it up a little. :-)
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My baby girl is 14 months old and goes to bed at 8:00 pm and wakes up between 8 or 9:00 am. She takes one 2 hour nap from 12:30-2:00, right after she eats lunch.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My 16 month old DD takes 2 naps a day. The first at about 10am for around an hour and the second at about 3pm for an hour. She goes to bed around 9pm and wakes up about 6:30am, but sleeps restlessly at night usually waking up about 2 times (just to be comforted and go right back to sleep). I guess that's what makes 2 naps necessary for her (and Me!).
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• DD will be 21 months on the 4th. She wakes up before I do haha... she actually comes into my room and wakes me up these days around 7am. Shes a constant bundle of energy and it just seems like she never wears out! She's hell on wheels- never really being bad or anything, shes just such a busy busy little girl! I try to have her in bed at 8pm, but lately she jsut wants to play play play and doesnt end up going to sleep until closer to 9. IDK if she senses that things are about to change when the new baby gets here or what, but this "schedule" of hers is killing me!
    CNsg

Answer by CNsg at 1:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son is 2 and still takes a daily nap. He goes down around 11 and usually sleeps until 3 or 4. But I don't think that's very normal, he seems to need a lot of sleep compared to other toddlers his age.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Mine is almost 16mth old and she takes one nap a day from about 11:30-2:00. She goes to bed at around 9 and wakes up at 6. Sometimes she wakes up one time in the night wanting something to drink but she has gotton better about sleeping through the night
    2lilmom

Answer by 2lilmom at 2:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughters are 2 and 4 and they go to bed at 9:00, up around 7:00, and naptime is at 1:00 and usually lasts about 2 hours.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My kids are older, and I have one younger, but a suggestion for you - will your daughter sit still for a favorite video? I know when my daughter wanted to stop napping, we substitute what would have been her nap time for a video - at least she was quiet and would get some rest and occasionally she would fall asleep during the video. I'm not a huge tv advocate (I will not allow one in their rooms), but I do think there are times when one non commercial show, or a DVD is useful.

Answer by missanc at 2:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my son goes to bed at night around 9:00 wakes up at 830 am, then takes a nap around 1 or 1 for about 2 - 3 hours.....evechild is differen...i just had a baby 7 day ago and he still takes a nap....his scheule never change...best of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009