Toddler with backpain

My 2yr old complains at least 6 times a week about back pain. I took her to the dr and they ran all these tests and found nothing. They say its just growing pains and she give her motrin. She hasnt fallen or hit anything. I'm a SAHM so I see everything she does. She is very active and busy. I'm a massage therapist and have worked on her. She loves the backrubs but eventually goes back to complaining. Have any of you had this problem or know if its common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What about taking her to a chiropractor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Thats a good idea. I didnt know that they worked with children that young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Since the doctor has ruled out any serious problem, try downplaying it. Kissing it and making it "all better". perhaps she's trying to get a little extra attention? I'm a SAHM of a 2 yr old so I'm not suggesting you aren't giving him enough attention I just know that sometimes my son will have "injuries" that just seem to need a little extra cuddling..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009