can sex delay a period or stop it

Last Friday i started bleeding light pink as i would when i go to start my period and it is that time of month well me and hubby had sex friday night and sat night had little light pink some brown in there. Now nothin and my periods get heavy and i bleed for a week. i thought i might be pregnant but two test came out neg still no period so my question is can sex stop your period all together for that month when you have sex in the beginning of it or should i continue to monter the fact i could be pregnant i am scared dont know what to think has anyone experienced this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Health

• It can delay or stop a period, but not for that long...usually a day or two. I would continue to watch for a pregnancy. It would be too early for a test to pick up right now though so just give it a few weeks.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009