Deceased parent getting a stimulus check?

My Dad passed away in May 2007. I was his only surviving kin, so I am the Personal representive to the estate. I had to file taxes for him since he worked in 2007. I just got a letter today that he is getting a stimulus check for $ that right? The IRS knows he is desceased because in the address area it says "His Name"- Deceased, My name- Personal Representive.
Are stimulus checks rebates on your 2007 return? Is that why he is getting a check? I would ask my Estate Lawyer, but I just paid him off....and don't want to have to pay him anymore $$!

Asked by Libnatwes at 1:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• From IRS.GOV
    If the deceased taxpayer qualifies for the stimulus payment, their estate will receive the stimulus payment. If the final return was married filing jointly and there is no other appointed representative for the deceased taxpayer, the surviving spouse will receive the stimulus payment.

• The stimulus check rebate is from the 2007 tax year, so i would say cash it.

Answer by CardersMommy at 8:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2008