I need laundry advice

How can I get my husbands very dirty clothes clean on cold water?
Also can towels, sheets, and whites be washed in cold water and still get really clean?
My hot water comes from a propane tank that is almost empty and cannot use any hot water on the clothes (have to save for showers )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Oxyclean and borax.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can buy detergents formulated for cold water. Borax works, but it irritates my skin so I pay a little more for cold water detergent.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i only use cold water for my clothes & i use gain detergent
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The only thing I ever didn't wash in cold water was diapers. I use Ecos detergent and only use have the recommended amount; our clothes come out very clean and the scent is gone by the time they are dry.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I use Purex and cold water for everything. Even my kids cloths come out clean. Hot water can bake a grease stain in anyways, so I don't even bother. It;s the soap that get the germs out, not the water temp... unless you are boiling the stuff.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I only use hot water when I bleach a load of whites.

I use Fab on towels and linens.

I use Tide with Bleach and the Shout in the can on everything else. I do most of my wash in cold water.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:49 AM on Aug. 29, 2009