How do I get my 11 month old to fall asleep in her crib and not sleep in my bed any longer without vomiting from intense crying?

I am at my wits end. I cannot under any circumstances get her to fall asleep in her bed without her vomiting from crying so hard (in less than 5 minutes). Then I always give in and put her in bed with me. I cannot sleep-she doesn't sleep comfortably either-then I have to work all day on no sleep. She did sleep all night in her bed until she was 6 months old. Anytime now even if I get her to sleep in my arms just laying her down in her crib wakes her up. I'll leave for 5 minutes and then come back in to check on her and try and calm her down. Then I'll leave again and come back within 10 minutes and she has vomited. This has happened 5 times now.

Momuvtwinz

Asked by Momuvtwinz at 1:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 11 month old cosleeps with me. She doesnt vomit but she'll be totally asleep and I lay her in her crib and she wakes up too. so she'll still sleeping in my bed. good luck
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Check out drjaygordon.com for his method on transitioning baby from the family bed.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009