Why is my husband doing this?

Our son is 9 months old and my husband always gives him his pacifier for the littlest reasons. I feel like he should only have it when he is very tired, to help him sleep. My husband uses it as a toy with our son and I am worried that will make it all the more difficult to wean him off it at one year. I tell my husband not to use the pacifier so much, when our son does not need it, and he always says "ok" but does it anyway. I don't want our son to become too dependent on it. But for the husband, he uses it too much and I worry. Should I worry? What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• While breaking the pacifier habit is much, much easier than breaking the thumb sucking habit, the sooner you take the pacifier away the better. Does your dh give your ds the pacifier when he is being too noisy? I say be sneaky;) Hide them and don't tell your dh where they are. When he asks were it is, play the "I don't know where it is" game. I sounds like you will have to break your dh from the pacifier habit first.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• At nine months you should be working on getting rid of the pacifier; your baby should be quite good at self-soothing by now.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Its never too late to start smacking your husband. some people say that if youre going to do it you need to start early, but thats simply not true. you can start at anytime. So next time he does something to make your job as Mommy harder... lay one on him.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Throw all the plugs away.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• why is your child on a paci at 9 months? isnt he a bit too old for it? throw them away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009