MY 3yr old sees worms!

He wakes up sometimes at night and says he sees worms! How do I help him with this?

Do I say its just his imagination and they are not real?
Do I show him real worms?
Do I give him a stuffed animal or something that eats the worms?

What should I do?

MorbidFraggle

Asked by MorbidFraggle at 1:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he could be seeing worms seriously... he may have some type of parasite in his eye, take him to the doctor to have him checked out asap!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loa_loa_filariasis

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Actually, he was just at the eye doctor for a checkup. I'm sure the doctor would have noticed African Worms!
    MorbidFraggle

Answer by MorbidFraggle at 1:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• there is also a type that is not just localized to africa, not sure what it is though sorry... i'm dead seious about the eye worms, i work @ a hospital as an rn & we had a patient with a case of eye worms (the african kind) they don't originate in the eye, they migrate trhough the tissue into the eye b/c they get more moisture & nutrients there i'm not bsing you, i'm so serious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i saw something about eye woms on the discovery health channel....he may have them, it never hurts to have him checked
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Get a second opinion.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would take the eye worm thing serious, have him checked. Once you know that isn't the case, I would A) show him real worms. B) ask him to show you the worms. & C) give him a stuffed animal that eats the worms. Hope whatever it is gets better soon.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 8:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• having worked for eye dortors most of my life i can tell you that the child would not 'see' the african worms. i do say go ahead and take him back. there may be other issues besides worms. because he is a child he may be seeing things floating in his vision that looks like worms. also it really may be nothing more than a bad dream. has he seen a new show or movie that had worms in it.
    SeXy_TaRd

Answer by SeXy_TaRd at 6:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009