Mothers who have had their tubes tied.. Did you regret it after?

I was watching a baby story and the woman had her 3 daughter and decided to get 'snipped'... well after she really regretted it.... Also she wanted to give her husband a son and knew she couldnt since she got snippped... She was really upset... Did you think about it after or before you had your last child? Did you regret it after?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 2:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope! I have 2 boys, 6 and 9 and a baby girl who is 14 months old. I don't regret it at all. I can't imagine having anymore kids! Plus, hubby and I got what we wanted!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• This is why I did not do it when I had my baby in July of this year. I know I would of regretted it even though I have 4 children now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My friend had hers done and is very happy about it. She has a boy and a girl, but both pregnancies were very hard on her and her body. Both were born early and she's having surgery soon due to complications (her youngest is 3 months). She knows her body just can't handle it and she's fortunate to have the two she has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am happy about it. I got one of each. There are times I get that "baby" twinge but I am glad they are tied.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I do not regret it i have the 2 kids I wanted a girl and a boy and I almost died when prego with my son so having my tubes tied was the only decision for me
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 2:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No, I don't regret it. I know I'm done having kids, even though there is a little bit of me that would love to have another, to try for a girl. I also know that that little bit will always be there no matter how many kids I have or if I had a girl or not.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't know anyone who has regretted it. Some talk about what a PP called a "baby twinge" but they agree that they are happy with what they have and will probably always have that little twinge because they love the joy of a new baby. I think there just comes a time when you have what you can handle and are happy with that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well I just had Essure done last week (same as getting a tubal) and I do not regret it. I decided last year when I was pregnant that I was done. I've been mommy for 10 years and have another 18 to go. I'm not prolonging it anymore. I love my sons but I'm worn to the point that I know I could not handle another child or having to be responsible longer than another 18 years for kids.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I planned on doing it after #2 but did not feel right about it.

then after #3 arrived ( she was a surprise lol) I got them tied. BEST decision of my life to wait whe I did!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009