What can this be?

ok my 17month olds left eye is watering and it has some green on the side when he got up... No red or anything.. Just watering and some green stuff... I put a warm towel on it and see what it does .. what can this be? What should I do?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there are over the counter eye drops for allergies you couldask the pharmacist? sounds like allergies I take zyrtec for my eyes itching, do they itch him?could be pollen? give him a bath b4 bed and also close windows at night and in the morning.
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Don't know, but I'd be taking my baby to the doctor like today!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• could be pink eye..could be...if it keeps watering and the gunk keeps coming back sounds like pink eye..warm wash cloth to keep clean and sooths it..also HAND WASHING IS A MUST it can sprad to others or the other eye..so if he/she rubs that eye then touches other eye it can spread.. call the doc and say i think my child has pink eye see what they say..good luck my son was 6 months when he got it i felt so bad...and of corse i did get it no matter how safety i was...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It can also be an ear infection. Sometimes the ears get so clogged up that it can come out of their eyes! :(
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son's eyes do that periodically. He has eye and nasal allergies. Does your son have allergies?
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Does he have a cold? My daughter had some green eye gunk with the last cold she had. It was just drainage. If he does not have a cold call the doctor.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• he may have a blocked tea duct.....my son has one....he had one surgery in september of 08 and didnt do anything....so i am waiting until he is older to see if he grows out it.....best of luck....take him to his doc and ask what it could be......GL
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yeah, sounds like pink eye to me too. My daughter had something similar when she was younger, and that's what it was. Tabbys4 has awesome advice. Definitely wash your child's hands often, use sanitizer and keep clearing the eye gently with a warm wash cloth to soften and clear the discharge. At that age it's difficult to properly follow instruction, but it's important that your child doesn't rub his or her eyes because it's highly contagious, and you should make sure that you and anyone who comes into contact with your child wash their hands often as well. Also call the doctor just to be sure and affirm any instructions. :) Good luck.
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 4:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Dont ever mess around with eye and ear problems. Your child's brain is right there and infection can spread easily! Take him to the Dr!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 5:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009