Does this show relate to you?

I love watching Army Wives, and I was just curious, to all you real life Army Wives out there, does this show accurately depict your life, is it similar or far fetched? Just curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am an Army Wife but I don't watch the show. From the commercials I've seen, I think it does a little but then some not. It's not DRAMA all the time. At least not for me. Woman are kinda hateful to each other sometimes and there are cliques. I don't know - deployment is hard. Moving is hard. Moving was more hard on my DD than on me but it was hard, seeing her pain. But I love my husband and it's all worth it in the long run.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have never been an army or military wife...well I did date a Marine, and a sailor, and a pilot, and... ok, not relevant, but I also watch the show every week. I am sure much is exaggeration but there is truth to many of the story lines.
    Do you think Desperate Housewives is a good depiction of suburban life? (Could be, I don't know)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't know, I've never watched Desperate Housewives, or lived in the 'burbs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I've watched Army Wives now and then and get hooked on the emotional parts of deployments, homecomings, coming home disabled or dead, but the drama that gets written in is such nonsense!
    I told my hubby that I wish they would also portray 'real' military women, not just the celebrity types. We all come in many shapes and sizes and don't always wear the latest styles, fashions, or even makeup....LOL.
    We're a Navy family, by the way, but still military who go through the same hardships and blessings as Army families do. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009