Should i call and see if they should up my dose or wait longer.

Two weeks ago i went to the doctor and was put on fluxotine for OCD and irritability issues. I still havn't seem much of an improvement and i get irritated very easily especially with my 6 week old when i am so tired and she wont qit crying. I don't act mean or anything i just get irritated and sometimes start crying. I am on 2o mg a day. Should i call and tell him i havn't seem much of an improvemtn and see if he wants to up the dose or just wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Did they give you any idea of a timeline when you got the Rx? I know some meds need to build up in your body before you start to feel the effects. You could call your Dr and see how long it should be before you start seeing/feeling some results from the meds. Or your pharmacist might be able to tell you if it's a med that starts working right away or if it needs time to build up. I'd call one or the other, even if the Dr decides to wait, at least you'll know.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Usually with antidepressants, it takes 4-6 weeks for you to notice any difference. Did the doctor mention that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009