After you have spent all day cleaning and making the house look nice, do you expect your husband to notice?

My first husband would notice how well I cleaned the house that day and would tell me how nice it looks, I got this pretty much every day and loved hearing it. However we are divorced now and I remarried 5 years ago.
My husband now says he doesn't care what the house looks like, that when he comes home, he's tired and wants to just be with his wife.
It still bugs me that he just doesn't care! I just want some validation on my hard work as a SAHM. This is my work and some days I don't do a thing because he doesn't care anyway.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No my DH never says anything either. See if he notices if the house is a complete mess.

Answer by louise2 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My Husband never notices when the house is clean only when it is dirty
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 2:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Mine doesn't either. I don't think it is a high priority of his.

Answer by Bmat at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think my hubby notices...but he doesn't always comment on it. Sometimes he'll say..."the house sure looks nice honey", but not most of the time. Guys just don't care much about how clean the house is unless the're OCD or something. Just try to comment your husband on how thankful you are that he works so hard...and see if he begins to comment you back!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i have better ways to spend a day than cleaning. i tidy for a few minutes in the morning, throw in a load of laundry every day or two and clean one room a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Mine notices the major things. If the living room is picked up, there's a nice candle burning, the dishes are done, and there's not stuff in the bedroom floor then he's like "hey you did a great job on the house today" lol it cracks me up cos the bathroom could be trashed, there could be a bag of trash sitting by the door, anything, but as long as those things are done, it looks clean to him lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Mine doesn't. It would be nice if he would though. Sometimes I concentrate on other things and just have a good time with my kids. But I will say that it's kind of nice he's not obsessed with how the house looks. If he was, he'd be in for a big disappointment. I like a clean house but I'm happy when I have got things in order and do the deep clean once a week.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• MAybe once a week he will say something but I dont expect it. He'll notice if it's not clean though.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Mine says he doesn't care until we get into a fight and then ALL he talks about is what I DON'T do. Even though our house is clean - for the most part. Our bedroom is messy but the public parts of our house are clean. It bothers me that he acts like he doesn't care until we get into a fight and then all he talks about is the stuff I don't do. Even if it's not apart of the argument we're having - he'll still bring it up.
    Oh, I can't talk about it. I'll just make myself angry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My hubby only notices when it's dirty, but when I clean it he points out mistakes and cleans it over which is insulting.Granted I'm not the best at cleaning, I wish he'd appreciate my efforts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2009