Should the boyfriend EVER have the right to

reprimand the girlfriend's children? Even though she's married and her husband disproves?

My mom's boyfriend told my little sister (11) to get off his couch. He wanted to sit down, and my sister said, "No, go sit in a chair." (which I understand is rude, but try getting a preteen to understand that when those values have never been instilled)

The boyfriend then proceeded to grab my little sister by the hair on the back of her neck, and lead her into a completely different room.

Is there anything I can do? Anything my dad or sister could do?

My parent's aren't divorced yet, and custody has not been established, but had it been a stranger, we could press charges.

The boyfriend also happens to be one of my dad's best friends since childhood, and is having a hard time containing himself in the situation anyway. Is there a resolution I can offer my dad?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 2:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell your dad, maybe he will kick his sorry @ss out the door. Serioulsy what a douche bag, man your mom picked a winner with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would talk to mom and sis together, he shouldn't be physical with her. I'd call CPS if he doesn't stop and I'd let my mom know I'm gonna do it if he she doesn't handle her boyfriend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• CPS is Child Protective Services, just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If it had been a verbal reprimand that's one thing, but to grab her by the back of the neck....no indeed! Let your dad know, he can keep a record of it for court when it's time for custody.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My dad's ready to blow up on the guy, but that won't fare well in court...

And yes, he's a freakin' winner. He works at an alignment shop, makes 18k a year, and can't even afford his own car insurance, which my mom pays, with my dad's money.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I grew up with a step dad like this. He was my sisters dad but not mine... He treated her like a queen and me like a redheaded step child( haha which I was) anyway! I lived with it for a long time, My Mom and him would fight constantly about his behavior towards me. He would say I was a bad kid and I never listened and I was lazy... but my sis could get away with everything.. One day he twisted my arm dragged me into my bedroom and threw me against the wall. I was crying so hard I was hyperventilating I called my Mom at work made her come home and was about to call the police she was asking me not to but she wasnt going to stop me... Thats the last time he ever touched me... we argued a lot but he never did anything like that again... I think my Mom finally put her foot down. They got together when I was 7 and finally divorced when I was 16! To this day I have dreams about fighting with him & him trying to kill me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• a boyfriend or a parent should never touch a child like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i would sit and talk to mom and then dad..my sd's grammy had a boyfriend that threatened my sd's and when we were told about what he said ( by the kids ) i flew into mommy mode and dh was pissed and we called bm and we all talked about this man, and dh told grammy if he says this again or touches the kids he will be hurt..thankfuly this man was dumped a few weeks later..now as a sm i would never hit my sd's but we have a good relationship and my x'es new wife will not touch dd its between me and her dad. but she knows to respect adults or talk to one of us if theres a proublm..good luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• in your case i think he was wrong.
    but yes if i had a BF and was seperated my bf could repermaind my children, and so could my ex's GF.. if they are a susbtancial adult in the childs life, and a " parental figure" they need to be able too...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• As long as he's not abusing the child, then legally yes if mom does not object than he is allowed to reprimand the child. Dragging a child around by the hair on the back of her neck crosses a line.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2009