Thank you Liberals...the Glenn Beck boycott is FAILING!!!

Just want to say "thanks" to all of the members of the liberal or left wing groups and especially anyone who supports Color of Change.org! Due to the uproar and dissatisfaction over Glenn Beck, and people cheering on the sponsors to keep pulling advertising from his time slot, you have succeeded in INCREASING Glenn's support base (as usual)! LOL

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/beck_boycott_fox_backlash/2009/08/23/251369.html?s=al&promo_code=85E5-1

"Glenn Beck is to be congratulated," New York Times best-selling author Peter Schweizer tells Newsmax. "They only go after you when you are being effective — he must really be causing them problems."

Mark Tapscott wrote: "Funny, I don't recall that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of expression to everybody except those whose opinions the four members of ColorofChange.org find ‘repulsive and divisive.’"

Your thoughts?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 2:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm reading Glen's book - "Common Sense - The Case Against An Out-of Control Government" - I just bought it last night and had to make my self put it down to go to sleep. It's short, easy read, pretty straight forward. If you haven't read it, you should. And for anyone who doesn't like his 'television antics' - read his book, it's minus the antics - just plain truth, unbiased and clear-cut. He speaks out against ALL parties and points out ALL parties part in this whole mess. Maybe Glenn should run for the senate?!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I LOVE Glen Beck!

He tells it like it is. Also why is everything about race with Obama? I mean really "the color of change"?? come on! He is supposed to be fighting against that not agging it on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I too really like Glenn...even if he tends to be a weeeee bit overly dramatic
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I admit, I don't really watch or listen to him, but I will turn on the TV and put his show on while I am cleaning the house, just to boost his rating. I know, I'm bad that way. ;oP

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Their ratings are sky high right now. Obviously people are much less interested in this black groups blah blah than finding out the truth about their government and this administration.
    I just hope these companies I no longer do business with are feeling some heat.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Probably others WERE aware of this, but I had not realized that the online group behind the glenn Beck boycott ( according to the chatter about the boycott ) - Color of Change.org - is connected with Van Jones.

Since Glenn has been "outing" Van Jones' dubious background, and objectionable ideas in his writings and speeches, this attempt to silence Glenn is explained.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• His ratings aren't important if the sales department can't sell him. Ratings are supposed to = dollars. If the dollars aren't coming in, Rupert Murdoch will make a business decision and tell Beck to either tone it down so he CAN bring in dollars, or he'll be replaced with someone who DOES bring in money and Beck will have to find another home.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I really don't care about him one way or the other. I watched him a few times and wasn't impressed. I think he's sort of a buffoon, and he'll go away soon enough on his own. Publicity to MAKE someone go away is always a sure way to make people curious enough to check out someone they hadn't looked at before.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 2:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Publicity to MAKE someone go away is always a sure way to make people curious enough to check out someone they hadn't looked at before.

Ditto this.

I am not a fan of his, and its killing me to be that polite about it, lol...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Beck is not going anywhere LOL He was on CNN and now FOX has him and they are GLAD. They had 3.5 million watchers on Tuesdays show. Probably more as the week goes on.
    There are plenty of commercials who play during his hour and FOX isn't feeling any heat due to the loss of the dopes who left.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009