Have you tossed the purse?

Stupid question, but I had a conversation the other day about this with another mother....Did you stop carrying around a purse or pocketbook after you had a child? I don't carry one anymore - just a wallet - even when I go to work. I got into the habit after lugging around a diaper bag and too many things for my kids. A purse was just one extra thing to carry. If I do need to take a few items, I use one of those recyclable shopping bags, but I never carry a purse anymore. Anyone else, or am I the only purse-less mother around?

Imogen13

Asked by Imogen13 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I stopped carrying a purse when mine were little because it was easier to tuck my necessity's in their bag, and then it just became habit. Even after they outgrew the diaper bag, I typically go without and just tuck my debit card and cash in my pocket. Most of the time, my debit card and cash is in my car's ashtray so it's there when I need it (good thing people don't know where I live, huh?!).

Answer by missanc at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yes! I've done the same thing! It's easier just throwing everything into one bag. I used to carry a purse everywhere everyday of my life, this has been a change for me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Not me. I spend way to much money on my hand bags to do away with them. I have a thing for designer bags and as a matter of fact my diaper bag is even a designer bag.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I stopped carrying a purse while they were still babies. But when they got to a certain age - where I didn't have to lug around toys and pacifiers and stuff - I'd just throw a diaper or two in my purse and travel-sized wipes and I got my purse back! Lol.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I never carried a bag or purse, now I do.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 2:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I haven't owned a purse in years...I just have a small zip up thing that goes in my back pocket- holds some cash, my drivers license and a credit card
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i had to get rid of my bag that i had since jr high since i had to carry the kid bag around ,,, but then my bf bought me a big nice bag for me but i use it for the kids and my stuff too .. but i always live it on the car lol
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I dumped my purse when I was carrying a diaper bag. Now that my kids are older, I carry a purse unless we're going somewhere (like the beach, park, gym or amusement park) where I'm carrying a bag or backpack.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009