did your child start middle school?? if so....

can u tell me what you bought like pencils markers?? i dont think middle school shoping is just like elementry ( middle school..do they really need glitter lol? ) my dd is starting middle school and they never posted a list so im not sure what to buy..binders?? book covers?? any ideas will help..and thank u in advance..

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son just started 6th grade. His shopping list was very different from last year. Each class had to have a 3 ring binder, loose leaf paper, subject dividers, pencils, folders, spiral notebooks. A few highlighters, markers, & hand sanitizer.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 2:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Binders with lots of dividers... Umm my sister had to have college rule paper not regular. Lots of pencils and a few pens. We got my sister the regular number 2 pencils cause she loses the lead in the mechanical pencils to fast and is then left without pencils. Backpack with lots of space and storage compartments. On top of Binders and binder paper we got her notebooks. She finds it easier to separate classes by notebook.. So we got her the big thick ones with pockets... a Pencil case made to be in a three ring binder so she doesnt lose her pencils and pens! Oh and if your DD is anything like my sis you'll need tons of extra erasers. My sis will use the earaser up on a brand new pencil then sharpen another pencil just for the eraser. We find that we save on pencils if she has extra erasers so she isnt throwing good ones with no erasers away.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Oh another thing she may need is a few highlighters. LOL also! Maybe a wallet that will hook into her backpack or something. I just got a call from my sister at school after I wrote that last post... She lost 40 dollars for her lunch... She is supposed to give it to the lunch people but didnt have it by lunch time... hehe just a tip! Fun things we got that were not needed was glue sticks, color pencils and crayons... She refuses to carry them in her backpack cause she thinks theyre too childish! haha but she has had to use them already
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• They should give you a list either at orientation (if you haven't been yet) or the first day of school.
    It really all depends on the classes your kid has and i've even noticed schools in the same district often require different supplies. It's crazy.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughter started MS last year and honestly, get the basics. Send the new student back with paper and pencils and binders (very popular and important) and a coulpe notebooks. But my advice is to not spend a ton before the first few days of school start. I spent a lot of money on stuff she didn't need last year and had to go back out and buy stuff I hadn't planned on (my daighter was in Advanced Math and needed a protractor and a graphing calculator)-and don't even get me started on gym!!!! Most MS teachers send home a letter and a list the first few days. It will actually save you money if you don't buy stuff you don't need up front.
    mojomomma0217

Answer by mojomomma0217 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009