I might have to do the whole labor thing all by myself!

Idk if my hubby is going to be able to be there when im in the hospital due to we cant find a babysitter to watch our other 2 kids! His mom was suspose to do it but she was put in the hospital due to having blood clots in her lungs docs dont know how long shes going to be in there an plus i wouldnt expect her to watch my kids now! An my mom lives all the way in texas (im in maryland) she cant afford to come up here! I have friends but most of them live an hour away so that wouldnt really work! I dont trust his aunt to watch our kids i let her watch them one time an my oldest came home saying bad words so idk! Im freaking out i dont think i can do this my self the kids are to young to be in the deliverey room there only almost 5 an 3 an i dont want to explain certein things to them! Has anyone else gone through labor by them selves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your OB...they may be able to come up with an alternative.

I didn't go through labor on my own, but at pushing time I almost wanted to..my husband was irritating! **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well, i dont think any age is too young to be in a delivery room. Especially that 5yr old. What a magically memory he/she could have.
    However, if you dont want to answer the questions then. ...You'll have to find an alternative.

Some home child care centers offer a drop in rate. Also, check the babysitters in your local craigslist. Be careful of course. Interview them asap and make sure you get someone reliable, and hopefully a bit older. Sometimes other older SAHM offer things on craigslist as well. GL to you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I dont think that your kids are too young to be in the delivery room! My son was 2 years 6 months old when his sister was born and he was in the labor & delivery room the entire time!

You guys dont have any friends that can watch your kids? Or any friend that can come to the hospital with you?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• it's sound like money might be a problem, but maybe you could hire a doula to be with you at the hospital if you want your kids home with DH? i know i probably couldn't afford one. good luck! perhaps you could call your friends that live an hour away and see if someone could come stay with your kids after you go into labor. sure they would take a while to get there but you might have a long labor, and even if they come after the labor you could probalby use the extra help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Hire a doula. Since they aren't in the business of making money for the sake or making money, the majority of them can come to a payment agreement to fit a variety of budgets.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I wouldnt bring the kids in simply because they will get bored and your husband will have to entertain them and wouldnt be there for you anyways. Maybe you and your mom could split the cost of a flight or just let the "aweful" aunt watch them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2009