Should i leave my belly button rings in while im prego or take them out?? i know people that took them out and they got hideous scars.. any advice??

littlemamma539

Asked by littlemamma539 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not trying to scare you, but I have heard of girls that bellies have gotten so big and they left them in that they had to have them surgically removed.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• They have maternity belly button rings. Google it!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• u dnt have 2 take them out completlt i got mine dun n u can get this plastic var that strecthes wen ur belly strecthes so u dnt need 2 take it out just change it 4 a plastic one but ull av 2 luk around to c where u can get them frm try clairs accseries they cost bout 5pound
    molyneux88

Answer by molyneux88 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• the hole for the piercing will stretch, everyone i know who had it took them out. i don't and never had one so i don't know, but if you call a tattoo and piercing shop they should be able to tell you what to do. or atleast suggest what they think the best option is

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think it depends on if your belly button pops out or not. Mine never did so if I would have had it pierced I don't think it would have done anything to me but most people I know carried much higher than me and theirs all popped out.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 3:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• it still dnt matter if ur belly pops out it wont hurt u or course eny damage
    molyneux88

Answer by molyneux88 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The reason they suggest that you take our belly rings is because with all the stretching that is going on in your belly it can cause an infection and the infection could cause you to lose the baby. I took mine out just because it was something I was going to do regardless of being pregnant. The skin that they pierce though does take a lot of damage and that damage is going to be there whether or not you take out your ring, I've heard that it's worse if you leave it it. I would talk to your doctor and ask them their opinion on the situation just so you have a medical professionals advise.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my sister left her's in and it went right back to normal, i was way too scared to leave mine in because i kept hearing about it tearing, plus it just looked gross, so i took mine out and have a major scar, i wish i would have left it in =(
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I took mine out and I'mglad I did! I have a scar but I didn't have to worry about infection or the pericing tearing through. I can't imagine it would look very good with a big baby tummy anyway! It's the chances we take when getting peircings I guess. :D
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 12:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2009