Whopping Cough?

The doctor thinks my 5 month old has whopping cough. They took a swab in her nose.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the results to come back?
and Has anyone else had to deal with this with a baby so young?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 3:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had it at 8 months. i felt so bad because i was the one who gave it to him! i had no idea i had it, i just thought it was a bad cough. it took about 2 days. the dr. called and told me and i cried! hey i was a first time mom and i got my baby sick, so yes i cried. he called in some meds for me and him. then the health dept. called and asked a bunch of questions. i got over it pretty quick but my son still had a cough about 4-5 months after he was cleared of it. he is better now (almost 3yrs) and is healthy and wild as can be!
    luvbeinamommy68

Answer by luvbeinamommy68 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I hope your baby doesnt have whopping cough. But on the other hand, if your baby lives (which he/she probably will in today's age) she/he will have a life long immunity! unlike vaccines which wear off over time. so that's always good.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My brother had it when he was young but I can't remember how old he was. He was not vaccinated at the time, I remember that. He was just fine and healthy again in a short while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2009